Welcome to the english version
“A sustainable city” – Angers takes care of its environment
Angers is not only a city recognised for its quality of life, it is – more importantly – setting the trend for implementing sutainable development policies.
Greenspaces and environment
• Angers, gateway city to the Loire-Anjou-Touraine regional park, is also on the doorstep of the Loire Valley – a UNESCO heritage site.
• 630 hectares of parks, or 42 square metres per resident.
• 20 parks and gardens.
• 15,000 roadside trees (190 species) and 415,000 bedding plants.
• Environment Centre: exhibitions and events.
• Green vehicles: 119 council vehicles using liquid petroleum gas, 7 electric vehicles and 3 electric scooters.
• 5 air-quality monitoring stations (a fifth outer-city station is planned in the next few years).
• Separation of household waste: 3,500 tonnes, sorted by category – glass, paper, plastic and metal – are collected and recycled every year.